Hit a Weight-Loss Plateau? Here are 10 Tips to Help You Get Your Metabolism Going Again!
Have you been on an exercise regiment and been losing weight? Watching your calorie intake? But now you see your weight loss hasn’t budged? You have have hit a weight-loss plateau. Cutting out the soda, the during-the-week wine consumption, finishing off your spouse’s dinner plates, even your kids Mac-N-Cheese? Good for you!!! But now may have to change up your workout and eating game!
- Adjust Your Calorie Intake: As you lose weight, your metabolism can decrease because your body requires less calories or “energy” to fuel a smaller you. You may have to adjust your calorie intake to re-boost your metabolism.
- Better Foods: Now is the time to really cut out all the processed foods and start eating more “Whole Foods” like fruits and vegetables and more “Clean Eating.” High-fiber fruits and lean proteins are needed to burn body fat.
- Stop Polishing Off your Kid’s Plates: Those little bites here and there add up!
- Change up your Fitness Routine: Has the same workout been working for you up till now? You need to switch it up! Your body is getting used to the same workout and its becoming less effective. Try HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training – helps burn fat more effectively. TRX is great at that! Walk, Run, hit the treadmill, SPIN – switch it up!
- Rule out any medical conditions: Just to make sure, if you see you haven’t been losing weight and you have been trying everything, consult with your doctor.
- SLEEP! A good night’s sleep is always the one of the BEST remedy’s for burning fat. A full night’s sleep is vital to losing body fat because it resets your hormones. Even a little sleep deprivation can lead to increased cortisol, a stress hormone. Elevated cortisol levels can lead to increased body fat in your “belly” area.
- Do you know your calorie intake needs?: Speak to your doctor or nutritionist to see how many calories you need to intake in order to properly lose weight.
- WATER WATER WATER!: You should drink at least 2 liters of water per day! More when you workout!
- Increase Muscle Mass: Want to burn more fat? Increase your muscle mass! Lift heavier weights, do more strength training. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn!
- Eat More Protein: Eating more protein helps burn more fat during digestion. PLUS it gives you more energy to help you work out more.
If you still feel you have areas of stubborn fat that just won’t go away, you should call our office at 516.484.0800 to book your free consultation with Dr. Neumann to discuss SculpSure! Interested? Call us!